Nirvana Temple is one of the ancient temples in khushi Nagar which stands on the same platform as the stupa behind it. It has over 6 meters long statue of reclining Buddha. This statue was discovered during the excavations of 1876. Embellished with Chunar sandstone, it displays dying Buddha reclining on his right side. Below this statue, an inscription is mentioned to the fifth century AD.
In 1876, Carlleyl has discovered this temple and the reclining Nirvana statue. He first discovered some broken pedestal and set a vertical channel at the centre of the statue. The statue was not completed because many essential parts of the statue were missing. Some parts which were appeared but they once in the past been repaired with plaster. After an advanced research, he found several obscured through which he modified and repaired the statue. The length of this statue is about 6.1 m and it made of one block of sandstone of mixed reddish colour. The statue faces the west and exhibits the meaning of dying Buddha reclining on his right side. It was laid on large brick plinth with stone posts at the corners.