Hotel Rockholm crowns a rock that reaches out to the sea over a lovely cove, where the towering lighthouse stands sentinel surveying all with its sweeping beams in the night.
Rockholm is owned and managed by a traditional Anglo Indian family which can trace its roots back to several generations. Today Rockholm bears a delightful ambience of both the East and West.
The blend of comfort, tranquility and sheer good taste which one comes across at Rockholm has been perfected with the deep and rare knowledge of two great cultures. At Rockholm, one can say that the twain have finally met. The personnel at the hotel have been around for a long time and show a friendliness and caring that is found only in old family retainers.
During the day, the sun kissed beaches invite you to either take a long stroll or just be plain lazy and bask in the sun under shady palm trees or beach umbrellas. The inviting waters of the blue sea beckon you to take a swim and later dry off in the sun, gifting yourself a glorious tan with little or no effort.
With the bobbing lights of the fishing boats in the distance and the western sky still showing crimson where the sun went down, the open air seafront restaurant sets the ideal stage to feel the night and calm descend upon earth. Nothing breaks the spell except a rare clink of crystal or a peal of laughter. The haunting music of the sea below, punctuated by the vast sweeps of beams from the lighthouse provides the backdrop for the evening. Needless to say, it is usually the memory of an evening at the open air restaurant that many carry back home.
Features and Facilities at Rockholm :
• 22 sea-facing rooms with round the clock hot/cold water.
• (Plans are afoot for air conditioning a few rooms)
• All rooms have plenty of natural light and fresh air.
• Daily linen changing and room cleaning.
• Prompt room service.
• Both indoor and open air restaurants.
• Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisine.
• Ethnic food on request.
• ISD/STD direct dial phones in all rooms.
• Doctor on call.
• Safe deposit lockers.
• Beach umbrellas on request.
• Airport and Railway station pick up on request.
• Ayurvedic massage centre on premises.
• 24 hours taxi service.
• All major credit cards accepted.
• Parties arranged on prior intimation.
• Fax and Email services.
Hotel Rockholm is a 15 kilometer drive from Trivandrum, the State capital of Kerala. Trivandrum is well connected with the rest of the world with its International Airport, major rail links and highways.
THE TRAVANCORE HERITAGE
Chowara P.O. Trivandrum, Kerala